In October 2015, Lloyd was elected to Parliament as the Liberal Party of Canada candidate for Guelph, Ontario. In his first
term, Lloyd served as a member of the Standing Committee for Industry, Science and Technology and as a member of the Standing Committee for Agriculture and Agri-Food. Lloyd is active in many caucuses including as Co-Chair of the Automotive Caucus and Secretary of the Ontario Caucus.
In October 2019, Lloyd was re-elected to continue serving the people of Guelph. During this Parliamentary term, Lloyd served as Vice-Chair of the Standing Committee on Public Accounts and as a member of the Standing Committee on the Environment and Sustainable Development.
In addition to his committee roles, Lloyd was called on to serve as Chair of the Parliamentary Health Research Caucus which advocates for long-term, sustainable health research funding in order to spur innovation and ensure that Canadian citizens are among the healthiest in the world.
Lloyd is focused on working with the community on priorities such as the environment, housing, mental health, Indigenous reconciliation, early learning, childcare, and our post-pandemic economic recovery.
Lloyd has been serving Guelph for 25 years in community benefit organizations and led the Guelph Chamber of Commerce for 7 years. This followed a successful career in hydraulic and pneumatic automation that ranged from business startup to working with distributors across Canada as Managing Director of European multinationals.
Highlights of Lloyd's community leadership includes:
- Guelph Chamber of Commerce, Executive Director 2008-2015
- Chamber Executives of Ontario, Chair 2012-2013
- Ontario Chamber of Commerce, Director 2013-2014
- Rotary Club of Guelph Wellington, Member 2013-Present
- Innovation Guelph, Co-Founder, Director, Mentor 2010-2015
- Local Immigration Partnership, Founding Director 2009-2015
- YMCA-YWCA Guelph, Director 2009-2012
- Institute for Canadian Citizenship Guelph, Chair 2014-2015
- AIESEC Guelph International Internship Advisory Committee, Chair 2014-2015
- University of Guelph College of Business & Economics Advisory Board 2012-2015
- Conestoga College Career & Academic Access Advisory Board 2012-2015
- Guelph Wellington Poverty Elimination Task Force 2013-2015
- Guelph Partnership for Innovation, Director 2008-2010
- Immigrant Services Guelph Welling, Director 2008-2015
- Career Education Council, Director 2008-2013
- Downtown Guelph Business Association, Director 2008-2014
- Guelph-Wellington Business Enterprise Centre, Director 2008-2014
- St Joseph's Hospital Quality Management Advisory Team 2012-2014
- GTA West Transportation Study 2011-2014
- Guelph Community Energy Plan Task Force 2008-2009
- Sustainable Guelph Task Force 2009-2014
- Guelph Prosperity 2020 Economic Development Plan 2008-2010
- Guelph Waste Water Management Task Force 2009-2010
- Guelph Water Conservation Committee 2010-2012
- Guelph Solid Waste Master Plan 2013-2014
- River Run Centre Board of Directors 2008-2010
- Holy Rosary Parish Council, Chair 1993-1998
- St James Catholic School Parent Council, Chair 1997-2002
- Queen's Jubilee Award 2012
- Canadian Blood Services over 115 Donations
- Click here to see a video showcasing MP Longfield's 100th donation.
- Fluid Power Design Inc, Founder, CEO 1986-1988
- HyPower Systems Manitoba Inc, CEO 1988-1992
- IMI Norgen Ltd, Managing Director 1992-2003
- Hydac International, General Manager 2003-2008
- Canadian Fluid Power Association, Director 2004-2008
- Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers, 2003-2008
Lloyd has been happily married to his highschool sweetheart Barb for over 40 years and they have three daughters and four grandchildren.