Canada Summer Jobs Applications Now Open
December 2, 2022
Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) is part of the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy, which is the Government of Canada’s commitment to help young people—particularly those facing barriers to employment—get the information and gain the skills, work experience and abilities they need to transition successfully into the labour market. CSJ is delivered by Employment and Social Development Canada.
The program provides wage subsidies to private sector organizations with 50 or fewer full-time employees, not-for-profit organizations, and public sector organizations to create quality summer work experiences for young people between the ages of 15 and 30. CSJ provides them with opportunities to develop and improve their skills. It also responds to national and local priorities and improves access to the labour market for youth.
The CSJ program objectives align with the redesigned Youth Employment and Skills Strategy and are as follows:
- provide quality work experiences for youth
- respond to national and local priorities to improve access to the labour market for youth who face unique barriers
- provide opportunities for youth to develop and improve their skills
The program provides wage subsidies to employers from not-for-profit organizations, the public sector, and private sector organizations with 50 or fewer full-time employees, to create quality summer work experiences for young people aged 15 to 30 years.
Please note the following key dates:
- Applications are due by January 12, 2023, (11:59 a.m., Pacific Standard Time for online applications)
- Funding confirmations will be sent to employers starting in April 2023
- The earliest job start date is April 24, 2023
- The latest job start date is July 24, 2023
- The latest job end date is September 2, 2023
- The latest date to submit a payment claim is 30 days following the completion of the last CSJ-funded work placement
The hiring period for CSJ 2022 is underway and will run until July 24, 2022. More than 140,000 job placements that matter to young people and to our communities will be posted on the Job Bank website and mobile app, and will be updated on a regular basis. We encourage young people to keep checking for updates on placements available in their communities.
For more information or if you are an employer looking to apply for funding, visit Canada Summer Jobs 2022 - Canada.ca.